View All Section Pages
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon filets
- 1 Tbsp light butter
- 2 Cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 Cup shallots, chopped
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 Cups evaporated fat free milk
- 1 1/2 Cups evaporated low-fat milk
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream (optional)
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick spray.
- Sauté salmon over medium-high heat until cooked.
- Using a fork break apart salmon filets into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a soup pot. Add shallots and sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes until transparent.
- Add white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato paste, bay leaf, pepper and paprika.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove and discard bay leaf. Add cooked salmon. Stir to mix well.
- Remove 1 cup and add to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Return to a pot. Stir in milk.
- Cook until bisque is heated thoroughly, do not boil.
Tip: add a dash or two of Cajun seasoning to give just the right kick.
Nutrient Analysis (Serves: 10; Serving Size: 1 Cup):
- Calories: 195
- Sodium: 296mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 45mg