Love Me Tenderloin Salad
View All Section Pages
- 16 oz. beef tenderloin (cut into four 4 oz. filets)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 10 oz. mixed baby salad greens
- 1 large red pear (cored and cut into 16 slices)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup toasted pecans (coarsely chopped)
- ¼ cup goat cheese (crumbled)
Honey Mustard Dressing Ingredients
- ½ cup prepared honey mustard (not honey mustard salad dressing)
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot (should be too hot to hold hand over for five seconds).
- Place steaks in skillet; cook 7-9 minutes for medium rare to medium, turning occasionally. Do not turn steaks until the meat releases from the pan without tearing.
- While steak is cooking, stir honey mustard dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Slice steak into thin pieces once done cooking.
- Arrange greens on serving plate and top with steak slices, pear slices, dried cranberries, chopped pecans and goat cheese.
- Drizzle honey mustard dressing over the top of the salad and serve.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 4 oz. filet, ¼ salad mixture, 2 Tbsp. of dressing
Sodium: 374 mg
Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Protein: 29 g
*includes 2 Tbsp. of dressing
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.