Love Me Tenderloin Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe
View All Section Pages
- 16 oz. beef tenderloin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1 10 oz.-package mixed baby salad greens
- 1 large red pear, cored, cut into 16 slices
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Honey Mustard Dressing Ingredients
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot (should be too hot to hold hand over for five seconds). Place steaks in skillet; cook 7-9 minutes for medium rare to medium, turning occasionally.
- Do not turn steaks until the meat releases from the pan without tearing.
- While steak is cooking, whisk honey mustard dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended.
- Set aside.
- Divide greens evenly among four plates.
- Top evenly with pear slices and dried cranberries.
- Slice steak into thin slices.
- Divide steak slices evenly over salads.
- Top each salad with 2 Tbsp. dressing. (There will be 4 Tbsp. dressing left for future use.)
Serving Size: 4 oz. beef with 1/4 of salad mixture and 2 Tbsp. of dressing
Sodium: 95 mg
Fat: 17 g
Fiber: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Cholesterol: 97 mg
Protein: 35 g
*includes 2 Tbsp. of dressing
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.