Tasty Cauliflower Salad with Ranch Dressing, Celery and Eggs
View All Section Pages
- 1 large head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1/3 envelope ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Hellmann's Dijonnaise
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 6 hard-cooked egg whites, chilled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- Paprika (optional garnish)
- Place cauliflower in a large microwave-safe bowl and pour 1/3 cup water over it. Microwave on High (100 percent power) until soft.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ranch mix, mayonnaise, sour cream and Dijonnaise. Set aside.
- Once cool, drain any excess water from the cooked cauliflower and mash using a potato masher. Mix mayonnaise mixture into cauliflower.
- Add the onion, celery and vinegar and toss together. Add the chopped egg whites, chives, dill and parsley, and fold them in.
- Chill for several hours. If you like, sprinkle with Paprika just before serving. Makes 14 servings.
Yield: 14 Servings
Nutritional Analysis (per serving):
Calories: 64 (28% fat)
Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 254 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Protein: 3 g
Recipe provided by Cynthanne Duryea, RD, LD, Cooper Clinic