Assorted Salad Greens with Balsamic Vinegar
View All Section Pages
- 4 1/2 cups any combination of salad greens (red leaf lettuce, spinach, Boston lettuce, endive)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Wash and thoroughly dry the combination of leaves.
- Add just enough balsamic vinegar to satisfy your taste. You may like mixing Equal® or Splenda® with the vinegar before adding it to the greens.
- Top with freshly ground pepper.
Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 2 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 21 mg
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition.