Lean Pork Cacciatore Braised with Red Wine and Vegetables
View All Section Pages
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (1 pound) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. each dried basil and oregano leaves
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add pork and brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- To the pan, add onions, garlic, celery, and carrot.
- Cook, stirring, until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and remaining ingredients, stir well, cover and simmer 10-15 minutes. Add pepper to taste.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving):
Protein: 34 g
Total Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 106 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 379 mg
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services