Comforting Oven-Fried Buttermilk Chicken with Parmesan Cheese
View All Section Pages
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned (chicken breasts can be used in place of thighs if desired)
- For especially tender chicken, soak the chicken in buttermilk for 4 hours or longer (preferably overnight).
- Combine all ingredients except buttermilk and chicken in a shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk, then roll in dry mixture and place on lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes turning after 30 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Analysis (per serving):
Fat: 7 g
Carbohydrate: 5 g
Cholesterol: 52 mg
Sodium: 256 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 17 g
Recipe provided by Cynthanne Duryea, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services