Get Omega-3s with our Barramundi with Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
View All Section Pages
- 2-5 oz. Barramundi filets
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. Borsari seasoned salt (orange ginger)*
- 1 tsp. Paul Prudhomme’s Magic Salt-Free Seasoning Blend (or your favorite salt-free seasoning)
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic glaze**
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade***
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cover cookie sheet with heavy duty foil. Place Barramundi filets on one half of cookie sheet and tomatoes on other half.
- Drizzle all ingredients with oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Remove from oven. Add balsamic glaze and pepper.
- Mash tomatoes with potato masher.
- Stir in basil.
- Place halibut on serving platter, top with tomato mixture.
- Garnish with basil.
Serves: 2 Serving size: 1 filet with 1 cup tomatoes
Sodium: 384 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fat: 9 g
Protein: 36 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 70 mg
*Look for Borsari products at borsarifoods.com or Whole Foods Market. Cavender’s or Penzeys Greek Seasoning may be substituted.
**Place one cup of balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan and heat over medium heat until reduced to ¼ cup. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
***To chiffinade basil, stack washed basil leaves on top of one another so the edges line up evenly. Place larger leaves on bottom of the stack. Roll the stack of leaves lengthwise to resemble a straw. Thinly slice crosswise create thin ribbons of basil.
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services