View All Section Pages
- 3 Tbsp. sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. orange juice (high calcium orange juice was used here)
- 5 cups fresh or frozen peaches
- 2/3 cup unbleached flour (oat flour was used here)
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the fruit filling, place the sugar and cornstarch in a medium size saucepan and stir to mix well. Then stir in orange juice and fruit. Cook over low heat stirring constantly until the mixture is thick and bubbly, usually about 5-6 minutes.
- Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray. Pour the fruit filling into the dish and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the topping ingredients and mix well. Pour the batter over the fruit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
Nutritional Analysis (Serves 8):
Fat: 0.5 g
Protein: 3.6 g
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 138 mg
Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
Calcium: 55 mg
Potassium: 272 mg
Iron: 1.1 mg
Recipe provided by Meridan Zerner, MS, RDN, CSSD, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.