Microwave Baked Apple Supreme
View All Section Pages
- 2 apples of your choice
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Smart Balance® 50/50 Butter Blend
- 1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- Core each apple, leaving the bottom intact.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Spoon the sugar mixture into the apples and drizzle with a dash of vanilla extract.
- Place 1/2 a tsp. of butter on top of each apple.
- Place the apples in a deep casserole dish and cover. Microwave for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Top with a dollop of low fat vanilla yogurt if desired!
Fat: 2 g
Recipe provided by Cooper Clinic Nutrition.