Spinach Ricotta Dumplings
View All Section Pages
- 2 lbs. frozen spinach, defrosted and well-drained
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup low-fat 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup onion, minced
- 1 tsp. chicken base
- 1 ½ cups Italian bread crumbs
- Salt, pepper and Italian seasonings to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Your favorite pasta sauce (to serve with)
- Preheat oven to 350◦ F.
- Mix the first 11 ingredients together.
- Roll into balls using your hands or an ice cream scoop.
- Place dumplings onto a non-stick cookie sheet or a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta sauce.
Sodium: 214 mg
Fat: 2 g
Fiber: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Protein: 5 g
Cholesterol: 4 g
*Tip: to drain spinach, place two large handfuls of defrosted spinach into the middle of a kitchen towel. Fold over and wring from both sides over the sink to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services