Kathy's Favorite Salsa
View All Section Pages
- 1 fresh jalapeño (sliced in half, seeded) adjust to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1-32 oz. can of crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic
- ½ Tbsp. crushed red pepper (to taste)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 4-8 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro (1 cup packed slightly, leaves picked)
- 1 bunch cilantro (1 cup packed slightly, leaves picked, chopped)
- Cook jalapeño in 2 cups boiling water until tender, drain and mince. Start with 1 Tbsp. of jalapeño; add more later if desired.
- Place jalapeño and remaining 8 ingredients in blender.
- Blend slightly or until desired consistency is reached.
- Add 1 cup picked cilantro leaves and 1 cup picked and chopped cilantro leaves.
- Pulse quickly to blend.
- Adjust the heat by adding or reducing the amount of jalapeño and red pepper.
Serves: 16 | Serving Size: ½ cup
Total Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 429 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 5 g
Protein: 1 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.