A Soy-licious Way to Snack: Edamame and Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
View All Section Pages
- 1 16-oz. package frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups water (approximately)
- 5 Tbsp. of sweet chili sauce*
- Slaw mix (optional)
- Place frozen edamame in a medium microwave-safe bowl and pour approximately three cups of water over edamame (or enough water to just cover edamame).
- Microwave for five minutes.
- Drain edamame in a colander.
- Place drained edamame into a bowl and stir in chili sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Optional: Serve over slaw mix.
Nutritional Analysis (Edamame with Sweet Chili Sauce)
(Serves: 8; Serving Size: 5 Tbsp.)
Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Protein: 7 g
Sodium: 165 mg
Carbohydrates: 12 g
*Sweet chili sauce can be found in the ethnic section of the grocery store. We purchase Maggi Taste of Asia Sweet Chili Sauce (10 oz. glass bottle).
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services