Simple and Delicious Bacon-Wrapped Apricots with Jalapeno
View All Section Pages
- 16 dried apricot halves
- 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 pieces nitrite-free, low-sodium bacon, cut each piece in half lengthwise and then cut again horizontally
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place one thin slice of jalapeno on top of apricot half.
- Wrap apricot half with one strip of bacon with toothpick. Repeat procedure for remaining 15 apricots.
- Bake on cookie sheet for approximately 12 minutes. After about eight minutes, turn apricot halves over to allow browning on reverse side.
- When done, remove apricots from pan and place on paper towel to drain.
Tip: Bacon is available at Whole Foods Market. You may prefer the milder taste of poblano peppers instead of jalapeno.
Fat: 0.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0.25 g
Protein: 0.5 g
Sodium: 21 mg
Fiber: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Sugars: 4 g
Cholesterol: less than 1 mg
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services