View All Section Pages
Exercise and Education Programs Focused on Prevention and Chronic Disease Management
At Cooper, we have proven exercise and lifestyle modification play an important role in disease prevention and management. Our new Cooper® Tracks program provides the guidance and support needed to help participants begin exercising, increase confidence and develop habits to live healthier, best manage their chronic disease and improve their immune health.
Cooper Tracks is an eight-week program featuring:
Eight weeks; 16 small group exercise/education sessions (two/week)
Individualized exercise in a group setting, led by a certified professional fitness trainer
Comprehensive health education on topics related to chronic disease, nutrition, healthy lifestyle and stress management
Pre-and post-program health assessments
Social support and accountability
Exercise tracking tools
Tracks Available at Cooper Fitness Center
• Diagnosed with stable cardiovascular disease or cardiovascular risk factors • Completed or do not qualify for cardiac rehabilitation • Peripheral arterial disease
October 23-December 18 (no class November 23), Monday/Thursday, 9-10 a.m.
Instructor: Lyndsay Sears
Learn more about Cardiovascular Track
• Osteoarthritis • Rheumatoid arthritis • Other inflammatory arthritic conditions
October 16-December 11, Monday/Wednesday, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
December 18-February 14 (no class December 25 and January 1), Monday/Wednesday, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Instructor: Paige Cervantes
Learn more about Arthritis Track
• Pre-diabetes • Type 1 or 2 diabetes
September 12-November 2, Tuesday/Thursday, noon-1 p.m.
Instructor: Debi Wilkins
Learn more about Diabetes Track
• Diagnosed with cancer and undergoing treatment • Recovering from cancer at any stage
Learn more about Cancer Track
• No specific diagnosis but desires to boost immunity • Recovering from illness or immobility and are deconditioned • Recovering from COVID-19
Learn more about Immunity & Reconditioning Track
• Desire to follow a preventive approach to health • Deconditioned or sedentary • Inconsistent with regular exercise
September 12-November 2, Tuesday/Thursday, 5:45-6:45 p.m.
Instructor: Mary Ellen Elkhay
Learn more about Well-Being Track
"We are pleased to offer a safe and effective individualized exercise program in a group setting for people who want to take charge of their fitness. Cooper Tracks is based on more than 50 years of science and research at Cooper reflecting our purpose of improving the quality and quantity of people’s lives."
Tyler Cooper, MD, MPH
President and Chief Executive Officer, Cooper Aerobics
8 Weeks, 16 Classes
Program Fee: $395 ($50 discount for Cooper Fitness Center members)
Open to members & non-members
Cancellations made less than two weeks prior to the program start date will not be refunded.
Lyndsay Sears, Cooper Wellness Strategies Program Coordinator
email@example.com | 972.560.6305