Research shows lifestyle changes such as becoming physically active and eating a healthy diet can reduce the risk for developing many chronic diseases and can also help manage health conditions. Increasing flexibility and strength, building bone mass and controlling weight, blood pressure and cholesterol are some key health factors that can be addressed through lifestyle changes.
Female Focus is a health and fitness program tailored for you. The program can help women manage:
- Heart Disease
Plus, the program provides training to help women stay Fit After 40.
Disease Management Program Details
Each participant receives individualized attention to her personal health needs. In addition, group sessions reinforce and encourage healthy lifestyle choices.
- Four- or six-week program led by Colette Cole, Female Focus Director and Professional Fitness Trainer
- Functional fitness assessment that reveals the body’s musculoskeletal imbalances and weak areas
- Corrective exercise session with a professional fitness trainer; learn exercises to strengthen weak areas, increase range of motion and reduce the risk of injury
- Eight or 12 small group training sessions (depending on the program length you choose); two per week, Tuesday/Thursday; 55 minutes each; a strength and flexibility training program is designed appropriate to each individual's goals; in-studio and virtual training available
- Weekly nutrition information
- Four- or six-week Cooper Fitness Center membership (depending on the program length you choose) including full access to facility and group exercise classes
A new program begins every two weeks. The 55-minute sessions are held:
- Tuesday and Thursday afternoons
- Monday and Wednesday evenings
Member and non-member pricing is available.