Open to the Public
View All Section Pages
Cooper Fitness Center offers some programs and events that are open to the public. We invite you to join us for some fantastic fitness programs for adults and youth and free outdoor events.
- Basketball: Hit the court with Basketball Pro Coleman Crawford and improve your skills and have fun. Basketball programs are offered throughout the year, including private and small group lessons for youth and adults, youth basketball camps, clinics and more.
- Boxing: Having trained multiple champions, including a 2012 Olympian, Boxing Pro Derrick James helps clients build their fundamentals, confidence, discipline, stamina and strength. He offers private and group sessions for youth, teens and adults.
- Golf Performance Training: Coached by a certified Golf Fitness Specialist, perfect your swing and increase your power with Golf Performance Training. The program includes a one-hour consultation and golf fitness assessment.
- Tennis: Tennis Pros Corey Noel and Andre Vahdat offer a complete lineup of tennis lessons and clinics for adults and children. From Adult Beginner Class to Aerobic Tennis, there are a number of programs that will help you swing into action.
- Swimming: Dive into our swim programs for a fun way to learn and grow a skill you can enjoy for a lifetime. Led by Swim Pro Marni Kerner, we offer private and semi-private lessons for all ages, infants to adults. For members, we also offer a master's swim program for all skill levels.
- Martial Arts: With a 10th Degree Black Belt, Martial Arts Pro Mike Proctor brings more than 45 years of martial arts experience to Cooper Fitness Center. In group or private sessions Mike instructs Karate, Jujitsu Kobudo, Tai Chi, Kickboxing and Self-Defense.
- Small Group Training: If you’re looking for the accountability, motivation and high energy you get from working out with a small group, plus the individualized attention you receive from personal training, Small Group Training (SGT) is for you. Utilizing the Precor® Queenax™, SGT includes circuit training, strength and conditioning, cardio and core workouts.
- Pilates: Pilates stems from the core and works on muscle control, breathing, strength and flexibility. Beneficial to all—men and women, young and old, fit and unfit—private and small group Pilates training is available. The workouts incorporate the Reformer, Tower and other Pilates equipment as well as matwork exercises on the floor.
- Female Focus: Our one-of-a kind Female Focus small group fitness program for women welcomes non-members who may be suffering with a medical issue, needing to lose weight or are planning for or recovering from the birth of a baby.
- Move.Laugh.Connect: Designed to extend your functional years, Move.Laugh.Connect. (MLC) incorporates activities that enhance joint mobility, motor control and muscular endurance as well as embrace humor. The MLC program is for adults with limited mobility and adults who want to improve their brain health and fitness.
- Muscle Activation Techniques™: Do you have tight muscles, limited motion or joint pain? Muscle Activation Techniques™ (MAT) is a revolutionary approach to correct muscle imbalances that gets to the root of the problem by addressing muscle weakness rather than muscle tightness.
- Youth Camps, Swim Academy & More: Kids and teens are active year-round in Cooper Fitness Center's youth fitness programs—from Cooper Swim Academy and Sports Camps to youth fitness classes and athletic development programs. Visit cooperyouth.com/Dallas for details.
- Eggstravaganza Family Event: Typically held on a Saturday morning the week before Easter, Eggstravaganza is a fun-filled, family-friendly event. Look for our banner at Preston/Willow.
MOVEMENT DISORDER CLASS
This one-hour class, taught by Professional Fitness Trainer Angela Horner, is designed to help those with movement disorders improve balance, coordination, strength and gait. Exercises include work with fitness bands, medicine balls, free weights, gliding discs and group dance. There is currently a waiting list for this class. For more information, call 972.233.4832.