View All Section Pages
Stop guessing about whether you have a “slow” or “fast” metabolism. Cooper Clinic’s registered and licensed dietitians in Dallas can tell you exactly how many calories your body needs and how many calories you burn at rest.
In a simple, 10-minute breathing test you can find out your Resting Metabolic Rate.
Even at rest, your body uses caloric energy to maintain vital functions such as heart rate, brain function and breathing. Energy expenditure increases to actively digest food and support physical activity.
Since everyone is different, guessing at metabolism rates or calculating metabolism using charts does not provide a firm basis upon which to build a solid nutrition program that supports your weight goals.
Metabolic testing is quick and easy:
- You fast for 12 hours before the test. (Morning appointments are recommended.)
- You rest for 15 minutes to lower your heart rate to a relaxed state.
- You breathe into a disposable mouthpiece for 10 minutes while your oxygen consumption is measured.
RESTING METABOLIC RATE TEST AND CONSULTATION
- Resting Metabolic Rate test and written results
- A one-hour initial consultation with an experienced registered and licensed dietitian
- A personalized plan of action with an individual meal plan and exercise guidelines
- Computerized diet analysis of a three-day food record
RESTING METABOLIC RATE TEST AND WRITTEN RESULTS
To schedule a resting metabolic rate test, call 972.560.2655 or email email@example.com.
Download Cooper Clinic Nutrition Brochure