Super Berry Green Tea Smoothie
View All Section Pages
- 3 Tbsp. hot water
- 1 green tea bag (decaf or regular)
- 2 tsp. honey or agave nectar
- 1 ½ cup frozen mixed berries or blueberries
- ½ medium banana
- ¾ cup calcium-fortified light vanilla almond or soy milk
- 1 tsp. ground flax seed
- Pour steaming hot water into a glass measuring cup or bowl. Add tea bag and allow to steep for three minutes.
- Stir honey into tea until it dissolves. Add several ice cubes to chill.
- In blender, combine frozen berries, banana, flax seed and milk.
- Add tea to blender. Blend ingredients on highest setting until desired texture. Pour smoothie into tall glass and serve.
Serving Size: 1 smoothie
Fat: 2.7 g
Saturated fat: 0.2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fiber: 8 g
Sodium: 52 mg
Carbohydrates: 63 g
Protein: 4 g
Recipe provided by Meridan Zerner, MS, RDN, CSSD, LD, CWC, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.