Try Our Simple, Low-Calorie Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe
View All Section Pages
- 1 bundle of asparagus (about 16 medium spears)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt Free Seasoning (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper (25 turns is about 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 lemon wedge (1/8th of a lemon)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse asparagus and pat dry. Cut off the woody ends.
- Put the asparagus and pepper strips in bowl and drizzle the olive oil over them tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with pepper and seasonings and toss again to evenly distribute seasonings and oil.
- Spread asparagus evenly on a baking sheet in a single later. Roast the asparagus in the upper third of the oven 10- to 12 minutes, depending upon thickness. Remove from oven to a serving plate.
- Squeeze lemon over asparagus, and if desired, lightly season with Kosher salt.
Tip: Try placing asparagus in plastic sealable bag with oil for several hours before cooking (or overnight) to enhance flavor.
Nutritional Analysis (serves 4):
Fiber: 2 g
Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Protein: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 9 mg
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services