Tomato Feta Salad
View All Section Pages
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, red or mixed colors
- 3/4 cup small-diced red onion (adjust to your taste)
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped medium
- 2 Tbsp. Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped fine
- 1 cup French feta cheese, in brine (Valbreso is an excellent brand)
- Cut tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil and parsley and toss well.
- Dice the feta into a 1/2- to 3/4-inch dice, crumbling it as little as possible
- Gently fold feta into the salad.
- Serve at room temperature.
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.