Picnic Pineapple Chicken Salad
View All Section Pages
- 6 cups rotisserie chicken, skinned and deboned, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 2 cups scallions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise (or FAGE® 2% Greek Yogurt)
- 1/4 cup less sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- Dill sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 3 cups watercress or field greens (optional)
You can use grilled chicken (with your marinade of choice) instead of rotisserie chicken.
- Add chicken, pineapple, grapes, half the scallions, celery and almonds to a large bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together remaining ingredients (sour cream, mayonnaise, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, pepper, lemon juice, dill and salt).
- Add ingredients to one bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour. Top with remaining scallions.
- Serve on a bed of greens or watercress and garnish with dill sprigs. Leftovers can be frozen for up to one month.
Serves: 26 | Serving Size: ½ cup
Sodium: 268 mg
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Protein: 8 g
Cholesterol: 46 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition.