Kathy's Amazing Salad Recipe with Goat Cheese and Toasted Pecans
View All Section Pages
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, washed, drained and torn
- 1/2 bunch Green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Toasted pecans, roughly chopped*
- 1 cup Fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup Mandarin oranges, packed in light syrup, drained
- 1/4 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- 3 oz. Goat cheese, crumbled**
- Mix above ingredients together except the goat cheese.
- Add the cheese just before serving.
- Toss with your favorite salad dressing and serve immediately.
This salad is excellent when served with Rice Wine Vinaigrette.
* Scatter pecans on cookie sheet and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 8 minutes.
**When purchasing goat cheese that is not crumbled, place cheese in freezer for approximately 30 minutes before attempting to crumble. Remove from freezer, slice and crumble cheese. Place crumbled cheese in a two cup container with a lid. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve. Shake container to loosen the crumbled cheese. This prevents the cheese from becoming too soft and creamy and allows cheese to be evenly distributed.
Sodium: 92 mg
Fat: 9 g
Fiber: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Protein: 7 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services