Kathy's Amazing Salad with Rice Wine Vinaigrette
View All Section Pages
Kathy's Amazing Salad
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed, drained and torn
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges, light syrup, drained
- 1/4 cup Craisins® (dried cranberries)
- 3 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
Tip: When purchasing goat cheese that is not crumbled, place cheese in freezer for approximately 30 minutes. Remove from freezer, slice and crumble cheese. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Shake container to loosen the crumbled cheese and prevent the cheese from becoming too soft and creamy.
- Scatter pecans in a single layer on a cookie sheet and toast in a preheated, 350-degree oven for approximately 8 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together except for the goat cheese.
- Add the cheese just before serving.
- Toss with your favorite salad dressing and serve immediately.
This salad is excellent when served with Rice Wine Vinaigrette (recipe below).
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
Sodium: 92 mg
Fat: 9 g
Fiber: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Protein: 7 g
Rice Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 3 packets Splenda®
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Good Seasons Dry Italian Dressing Mix (1/2 of package)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Serve with Kathy's Amazing Salad.
- Refrigerate for up to one week.
Serves: 10 | Serving Size: 1 Tbsp.
Sodium: 130 mg
Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Note: A little bit of dressing goes a long way. Tossing the dressing with the salad instead of serving it on the side allows for 10 servings.
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition.