Our Grape Chicken Salad Recipe Is a Protein-Packed Lunch
View All Section Pages
- 4 (4 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise (or Fage 2% Greek Yogurt)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 salt (optional)
- Dill sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 3 cups watercress or field greens
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- Pour chicken stock or broth over the chicken, just enough to cover the chicken breasts.
- Lay a sheet of aluminum foil over the chicken and bake until cooked through (30 minutes).
- Allow the chicken to cool in the liquid and discard liquid after cooling.
- Dice the chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add the grapes, celery, pecans, and dill. Toss well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sour cream and mayonnaise together. Toss this into the chicken salad. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour. Serve on a bed of greens or watercress and garnish with dill sprigs.
Tip: You can grill the chicken (with your choice of marinade) instead of the oven directions above.
Nutritional Analysis (serves 12; serving size is 1/2 cup):
Sodium: 228 mg
Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Protein: 16 g
Cholesterol: 46 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services