Total Whole Wheat Chicken
View All Section Pages
- 4 (4 oz.) chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat Total cereal
- 1 1/2 cups skim buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. light margarine
- Mix together pepper, salt and cereal. Place in large bowl or brown paper sack.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk and cover with cereal mixture.
- Place in 9x13-inch pan.
- Drizzle melted margarine over chicken with pieces and bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven for one hour.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving):
Protein: 43 g
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 102 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 108 mg
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services