Skillet Burritos with Ground Turkey
View All Section Pages
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup yellow onions, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (any color)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup uncooked quick brown rice
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 3 oz Cabot lite 50% cheddar cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- Spray large skillet with non-stick spray.
- Cook turkey, onion and bell pepper for approximately 10 minutes. Stir to combine.
- Stir in broth, cumin and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender.
- Stir in picante sauce and cheese.
- Place approximately 1/2 cup of recipe into middle of a tortilla and roll up.
Yield: 10 servings
Nutritional Analysis (per serving):
Fat: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 47 g
Cholesterol: 33 mg
Sodium: 509 mg
Fiber: 9 g
Protein: 21 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition