Pork Tenderloin with Pear and Caramelized Onions
View All Section Pages
- 1 lb. trimmed pork tenderloin, cut into 8 filets
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 red pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¾ cup light apple juice
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Season pork with salt and pepper; cook until barely pink at the center (about 4 minutes each side).
- Transfer to plate and cover with foil.
- Add onions and brown sugar to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until onions are golden-brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add pears and rosemary; cook until pears are tender (about 2 minutes).
- Add apple juice and vinegar, simmer until mixture is reduced (about 2-3 minutes).
- Stir in mustard.
- Return pork to pan and coat with sauce.
- Serve with pear and onion sauce over top.
Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 271 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Recipe provided by Cooper Clinic Nutrition.