Halibut with Roasted Tomatoes
View All Section Pages
- 2 5 oz. halibut filets*
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. Borsari seasoned salt (orange ginger)**
- 1 tsp. Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Salt Free Seasoning (or your favorite salt-free seasoning)
- 1 tsp. parsley (fresh or dried)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 6 basil leaves (chiffonade)***
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Cover cookie sheet with heavy duty foil.
- Mix all seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Place halibut filets on one half of cookie sheet and the tomatoes on other half.
- Drizzle the halibut and tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Mash tomatoes with potato masher. Stir in basil.
- Place halibut filets on serving platter, top with tomato mixture. Garnish with basil.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1 halibut filet with 1 cup tomatoes
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 402 mg
Protein: 31 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
*Substitute other seafood if halibut is not available.
**Look for Borsari products at borsarifoods.com or Whole Foods Market. Cavender’s® Greek Seasoning may be substituted.
***To chiffonade basil, stack washed basil leaves on top of one another so the edges line up evenly. Place larger leaves on bottom of the stack. Roll the stack of leaves lengthwise to resemble a straw. Thinly slice crosswise creating thin ribbons of basil.
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.