Baked Halibut Fillets with Roasted Tomatoes and Balsamic Glaze
View All Section Pages
- 2 (5 oz.) halibut filets
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Borsari seasoned salt (orange ginger)*
- 1 tsp. Paul Prudhomme’s Magic Salt Free Seasoning Blend (or your favorite salt-free seasoning)
- 1 tsp. fresh or dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic glaze**
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade***
- Basil leaves for garnish
*Look for Borsari products at borsarifoods.com or Whole Foods Market. Cavender’s Greek Seasoning may be substituted.
** Place one cup of balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan and heat over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup. Store in airtight container until ready to use. Skip the balsamic glaze step if you are in a rush, or purchase a glaze at the grocery store.
***To chiffinade basil, stack washed basil leaves on top of one another so the edges line up evenly. Place larger leaves on bottom of the stack.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cover cookie sheet with heavy duty foil.
- Place halibut filets on one half of cookie sheet and the tomatoes on other half.
- Drizzle all ingredients with oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Remove from oven add balsamic glaze and pepper.
- Mash tomatoes with potato masher. Stir in basil. Place halibut on serving platter, top with tomato mixture. Garnish with basil.
Yield: 2 Servings
Nutritional Analysis (per serving):
Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Carbohydrate: 10 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 402 mg
Protein: 31 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services