View All Section Pages
- 1 lb. extra lean ground meat
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic (minced), jarred
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup corn kernels, frozen
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 6 – 6-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup store-bought salsa
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the ground meat until cooked through, or for about 8 minutes.
- Drain meat from skillet, leaving about 3 tsp of pan drippings. Set the meat aside.
- Using the same skillet, sauté the onion, garlic and peppers for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn and tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin and cooked meat and cook together for 1 minute.
- Warm the tortillas by wrapping in foil and place in a 300° oven until warm and soft—or wrap 3 tortillas at a time in 2 damp paper towels and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Spoon the fajita mixture into each tortilla, roll up and serve with salsa.
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1 fajita
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Carbohydrates: 26 mg
Sodium: 513 mg
Protein: 20 g
Recipe provided by Elana Paddock, RDN, LD, CDE, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.