Citrus Garlic Chicken
View All Section Pages
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. Herbs de Provence
- ¼ tsp. dried parsley
- (2) 8 oz. skinless chicken breasts (cut in half horizontally)
- 2 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. water
- In a small bowl, mix together the first six ingredients.
- Sprinkle spice mixture generously on one side of the chicken.
- Heat pan on medium-high heat.
- Add margarine and oil.
- Sauté chicken until golden brown, or about six minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle the second side of the chicken with 2 tsp garlic powder and add the citrus juice and water to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until chicken is done.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Sodium: 407 mg
Fat: 7 g
Fiber: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Protein: 26 g
Cholesterol: 65 mg
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.