Savory, Meaty and Delicious Italian Baked Spaghetti Recipe
View All Section Pages
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms (do not drain)
- 1 16 oz. jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
Tip: This dish can be prepared the night before, and baked the next day before guests arrive, allowing you to spend less time in the kitchen.
- Sauté ground beef, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in a large skillet until meat is browned; pour off fat.
- Stir in undrained mushrooms and spaghetti sauce; simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Place half the cooked spaghetti in the bottom of a deep, 8-inch square casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Layer half the meat mixture on top of spaghetti.
- Combine the sour cream and cottage cheese in separate bowl; spread over meat mixture layer.
- Add remaining spaghetti and cover with remaining meat mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes; let stand for five minutes.
- Cut in squares and serve.
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1/8 of dish
Protein: 21 g
Total Fat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 41 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 632 mg
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Recipe provided by Cooper Clinic Nutrition.