Low-Calorie Warm Praline Cake with Whipped Topping and Pecans
View All Section Pages
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tsp. all-purpose flour, divided use
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 Tbsp. Promise margarine, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine brown sugar and one tsp. flour in a small bowl.
- Lightly spoon 1 1/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine with granulated sugar, 1/3 cup pecans, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine milk, margarine, and vanilla in a bowl; add to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moist.
- Spread batter into an eight-inch square baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Pour boiling water over batter (do not stir).
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until pudding is bubbly and cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Serve warm with whipped topping. Garnish with pecans, if desired.
Fat: 4 g
Fiber: <1 g
Protein: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Cholesterol: <1 mg
Fiber: <1 g
Sodium: 67 mg
Serves: 16; Serving Size: One square and 1/8 cup whipped topping
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services