Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
View All Section Pages
- 1 1/4 cup. sugar, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 7 Tbsp. cocoa powder, divided
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/4 cup hot water
- In a medium mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk, melted margarine and vanilla to the same bowl; beat until smooth with a hand mixer.
- Pour batter into an 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup sugar, brown sugar and remaining 4 Tbsp. cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over batter
- Pour hot water over top; do not stir.
- Bake at 350ºF. for 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Spoon into dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top.
- Garnish with light Cool Whip or low-fat ice cream (optional).
Fat: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 52 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 258 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 2 g
Recipe provided by Cooper Clinic Nutrition.