Sweet and Satisfying Grilled Pineapple with Maple Cream Dessert
View All Section Pages
- 2 (6 oz.) cartons vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1½ Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ½ cup sweetened, shredded coconut or purchased toasted coconut flakes
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 1 (14 oz.) can unsweetened lite coconut milk
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Sprigs of fresh mint, for garnish
- To make maple cream sauce, combine yogurt and maple syrup. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread coconut on a parchment lined baking sheet in a thin layer.
- Place in oven for 5-7minutes.
- After a few minutes, stir the coconut to help ensure even color. The flakes will toast very quickly.
- Peel, slice and core the pineapple. Preheat grill to high.
- Shake the can of coconut milk well before opening the can. Pour it into a wide, shallow bowl.
- Add cinnamon and stir with a fork to blend.
- When ready to cook, brush and oil the grill grate.
- Dip each pineapple slice in the coconut milk, shaking off the excess.
- Arrange the slices on the hot grate and grill until browned on both sides, approx. 4 minutes per side.
- If a crosshatch of grill marks is desired, rotate each slice 60 degrees after 2 minutes on each side.
Transfer the pineapple slices to plates. Serve with a dollop of maple cream sauce, sprinkle of toasted coconut and mint sprig.
Recipe provided by: Hypertension Cookbook For Dummies (2012) and Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services