Watermelon Strawberry Chia Smoothie
View All Section Pages
- 1 1/2 cups fresh watermelon, diced (black seeds removed if not using seedless)
- 1 cup frozen sliced unsweetened strawberries
- 1/2 ripe banana, peeled, frozen, sliced
- 1/2-3/4 cup skim or low-fat milk (or unsweetened plain almond milk)
- Lime juice squeezed from one lime
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1-2 scoops whey vanilla protein powder
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy.
- Add more milk/almond milk based on preferred consistency.
- Optional- top with additional chia seeds to mimic the look of watermelon seeds and add more visual interest.
Serving Size: 2
Fat: 4.5 g
Carbohydrates: 36 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 115 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 18 g
Recipe provided by Cynthanne Duryea, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services