Quick and Hearty Sunrise Oatmeal with Mixed Fruit and Nuts
View All Section Pages
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 Tbsp. Craisins or dried apricots, diced
- 1 Tbsp. pecans or roasted almonds
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar (or Splenda to taste)
- 1/4 apple or other fresh fruit, diced
- 3/4 cup low-fat or fat-free milk
Place oats, dried apricots, roasted nuts, brown sugar, diced apple and low-fat or fat-free milk in large cereal bowl. Stir and microwave approximately 90 seconds.
Note: Mixture expands in the microwave, so be sure to use a large bowl.
Fiber: 4 g
Fat: 2 g
Protein: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 3 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 32 g
*Nutritional Analysis is for the quick cooking oats only. Take into account all other ingredients’ nutrients as you add them into the oatmeal.
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services