Start Your Morning with Our Orange Cinnamon French Toast Recipe
View All Section Pages
- 2 Tbsp. healthy butter substitute
- 2 Tbsp. sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 cup Eggbeaters or egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest/rind
- 2 tsp. maple extract
- 1/4 can orange juice concentrate mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 4 slices of whole grain bread of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix egg white, maple extract and orange juice with water. Set aside
- Spread margarine in the bottom of an 8-inch baking pan and sprinkle cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg over the pan, reserving a little cinnamon for use as a topper.
- Dip bread slices into egg white mixture on both sides and arrange in pan.
- Cover with remaining egg mixture and top with sprinkles of cinnamon.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes until eggs are set.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 slice
Saturated fat 0.5g
Recipe provided by Meridan Zerner, MS, RD, CSSD, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services