View All Section Pages
- 1 large can evaporated skim milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 whole egg plus 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 1/2 cups packed fresh torn spinach
- Nutmeg, sprinkled on top
- 1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
- Arrange spinach and mozzarella cheese in a 9" or 10" pie pan, sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Beat whole egg and egg whites together in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the milk until very warm, add cottage cheese, dry mustard, egg mixture and pepper; mix well and pour slowly over the spinach and mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and parmesan cheese. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until knife comes out clean. A good quiche will be slightly runny.
Recipe serves 8
Protein: 15 g
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 44 g
Fiber: 1 g
Calcium :322 mg
Sodium: 309 mg
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services