Just 90 Seconds to a Healthy, Energy-Boosting Breakfast
View All Section Pages
- 1/2 cup McCann's Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal
- 1 Tbsp. dried apricots, diced (or Craisins)
- 1 Tbsp. roasted nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts)
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar (or 1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar Splenda)
- 1/4 cup fresh apple, diced (omit if short on time, or substitute banana, blueberries, etc.)
- 3/4 cup milk (skim, low fat, soy, etc.)
- Place ingredients into a large cereal bowl.
- Add diced apple and milk.
- Stir and microwave for approximately 90 seconds.
Tip: Pre-measure oats, apricots, nuts, and brown sugar into small individual baggies. This recipe is for one baggie. Duplicate ingredients for several baggies. Place the pre-measured baggies into a larger gallon sized baggie. Store in pantry until you are ready to use.
Nutritional Analysis (one serving):
Sodium: 81 mg
Fa: 7 g
Fiber: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 57 g
Protein: 11 g
Cholesterol: 4 g
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services