Irresistible Low-Fat Baked Artichoke and Parmesan Cheese Dip
View All Section Pages
- 2-14.5 oz. cans of artichokes canned in water, drained, rinsed and chopped into 1/4 pieces
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained thoroughly
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400◦ F.
- In a food processor, pulse to combine all ingredients. You may also choose to mix by hand.
- Spread into an 8-inch square baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.
- Serve with whole wheat pita wedges or crudités.
Sodium: 218 mg
Fat: 5 g
Fiber: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 4 g
Cholesterol: 9 mg
Tip: Instead of fat-free mayonnaise and light sour cream, you may substitute 1/2 cup of Fage 0% Greek Yogurt. This substitution will translate into each serving supplying approximately 55 calories and 2.5 g fat total fat. For additional nutrition value and color, top this dish with red bell pepper strips.
Recipe provided by Kathy Duran-Thal, RDN, LD, Cooper Clinic Nutrition Services.