Gastroenterology is the branch of medicine that focuses on digestive diseases affecting the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, liver, gallbladder and pancreas.
Cooper Clinic Gastroenterology provides on-site colonoscopy and endoscopy using the latest technologies. Our practice surpasses the national standard. Andrew Gottesman, MD, a board-certified gastroenterologist, and our nursing staff, with nearly 30 years of experience, provide a clear picture of our patients’ health.
- Personalized care; limited number of patients seen per day
- Flexible scheduling and thorough pre- and post-procedure follow-up
- Private rooms and relaxed environment
- Personal call from Dr. Gottesman with pathology results
- Requires a separate date than your Cooper Clinic preventive exam
- Accredited by Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care
Allows the Cooper Clinic board-certified gastroenterologist to examine the entire large intestine in order to find and remove pre-cancerous polyps. Every five years starting at age 40 or physician’s discretion. Procedure requires a second day, following the exam day or at a more convenient time.
Enables the physician to look inside the esophagus, stomach and duodenum (first part of the small intestine) to discover reasons for swallowing difficulties, chest pain, nausea, vomiting, Barrett’s esophagitis (a complication of acid reflux), bleeding, indigestion, abdominal pain and unexplained weight loss. Physician’s discretion. Procedure requires a second day, following the exam day or at a more convenient time.
Scheduling an Appointment
To schedule a GI consultation, colonoscopy or endoscopy, call 972.560.3255.
Rescheduling an Appointment
If you must reschedule or cancel your GI appointment, please call 972.560.3255. Our cancellation policy is as follows.
- Less than 24 hours' notice or a missed appointment—$75 non-refundable cancellation fee
Colonoscopy or Endoscopy
- Less than seven days’ advance notice—$250 non-refundable cancellation fee
- Less than 24 hours’ advance notice or a missed appointment—$500 non-refundable cancellation fee
“My experience with Cooper Clinic Gastroenterology was nothing like my first colonoscopy. From the moment I received word that an appointment had been made until I left the grounds of Cooper Clinic following my recovery from the procedure, I was truly cared for as if I were royalty and really someone important.”
– Lynda Cleveland, PhD